Thursday, 24 January 2013

Convert String in to base64 in Android



Convert String in to base64 in Android



byte[] data;

              String str = "xyzstring";

              try {

                     data = str.getBytes("UTF-8");

                     String base64 = Base64.encodeToString(data, Base64.DEFAULT);

                     Log.i("Base 64 ", base64);

              } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException e) {

                     e.printStackTrace();

              }



Base 64 of "xyzstring" is “eHl6c3RyaW5n”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our new android application for EGreeting.Have a look to it.
The Greetings Android Application 
QRCode

NovaRadix Android Application Development Team
NovaRadix Technology
WWW.NOVARADIX.COM

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sharing,i learn a lot.Can you tell me the code to transform a image (maximum of 200KB) into Base64 String?

    I need to know how to do it with android, because I have to add the functionality to upload images to a remote server in my main app putting them into a row of the database, as a string.

    I am searching in google and in StackOverflow but I could not find easy examples that I can afford and also I find some examples but they are not talking about to transform into String. Then I need to transform into string to upload by JSON to my remote server.
    android qrcode generation

    ReplyDelete